Thursday, June 14, 2007

Do Fortune Tellers Get A Bad Rap? - Improving Your Image

Let's face it, there is good and bad in everything. Not all used car salesmen are crooks and not all Priests are great guys. But it seems to me that fortune tellers get a bad rap. Most are immediately labeled as frauds, or worse, crooks. If you're into the occult sciences and you want to truly gain the respect of your clientele, there are some things you can do. I hope that by reading this article you'll get an idea of how to gain respectability as a medium, psychic, fortune teller or whatever you want to call it.

The first thing you want to do is present a professional ad campaign. There is so much sensationalism in the world today that quite honestly, people are just sick of it all. The catchy phrases, the hype, the whole thing is just enough to make you heave up your lunch. So you want to get away from things like, "Madame Clara gazes into your future and reveals your path to riches" or garbage like that. A nice simple ad, something along the lines of "John Abbott psychic...For honest and practical advice." Man, that's a novel concept. No hype. Trust me, it works.

The next thing you want to do is get away from the stereotypical medium's appearance. Please get rid of the turban and whatever props you've got hanging around your "office" because it's not impressing anybody. When I do a reading, I wear a suit and tie and look like just a regular person. I don't put on any fancy attire that makes me look like something out of a Frankenstein movie, or worse, an Addams Family rerun. Yeah, that's a realistic interpretation of the art.

Finally, you want to conduct your readings with class and dignity. Don't go into these faked trances. If I hear one more person say things like "I see a dark handsome stranger in your future" I swear I'm going to be sick. There is no need for the theatrics. When I do a reading, I simply give my subjects the facts. I then offer some good old fashioned common sense advice on how to deal with what I see. I then hand them my business card, which by the way, looks like a regular business card for somebody who works for AT&T. You don't have to have all this fancy lettering and hype. Plain and simple.

It is time to get some respectability back to this profession. There are some truly gifted people out there, but they are being hurt by the appearance that others are portraying to the rest of the world. The entertainment industry doesn't help either by portraying us as a bunch of weirdos. But if we do our part to clean up our acts, we might actually get more people to take us seriously.

To YOUR Divination Success,

Steven Wagenheim

No comments: